Slide show

[Basic][slideshow]

Medicine

[Medicine][stack]

Surgery

[Surgery][grids]

Courses

[Courses][btop]

Biochemistry

Citric Acid Cycle mnemonics:
This is going to be the first lecture in biochemistry. In today's lesson we are going to discuss citric acid cycle in more funny and interesting way. We will give you a lot of mnemonics in order to remember the cycle in more easy and funny way. let's go.
The other name of this cycle is Tricarboxylic acid cycle or Kreb’s cycle. Our mnemonics for citric acid cycle are:
The first one is: oh! can I keep some succinate for myself and the second mnemonic is: corrupted anti-Intelligence agent spoke slander for money. The first mnemonic is for compounds of citric acid cycle and the second one is for enzymes of citric acid cycle. So let’s start with the first one. 

As we know that Oxaloacetate is converted to Citrate then citrate is converted to Isocitrate then Isocitrate is converted to Ketoglutarate then Ketoglutarate is converted to Succinyl-CoA then Succinyl-CoA is converted to Succinate then Succinate is converted to Fumarate and finally Fumarate is converted to Malate. So in order to remember these compounds in a simple way we take the first letter from each word in the following sentence: Oh! can I keep some Succinate for myself, so the first letter of each word is highlighted in red. The letters are O, C, I, K, S, S, F and M. So the word Oh start with O and Oxaloacetate start with O. The word Can start with C and Citrate start with C. The word I, by the way the word I is the shortest word in English it start with I and Isocitrate start with I. The word Keep start with K and Ketoglutarate start with K. The word Some start with S and Succinyl-CoA start with S. The word Succinate here stand for Suucinate itself. we use the word succinate here in this mnemonic and we don't use other word start with S in order not to mix S for Succinyl-CoA with S for Succinate. The word For start with F and fumarate start with F. The word Myself start with M and Malate start with M. 
So to sum up we will say each word in our mnemonic and its corresponding compound in the cycle. So the word Oh it correspond to Oxaloacetate, Can correspond to Citrate, I correspond to Isocitrate, Keep correspond to Ketoglutarate, Some correspond to Succinyl-CoA, Succinate correspond to Succinate, For correspond to Fumarate, Myself correspond to Malate. Finally I want to say: Oh! can I keep some succinate for myself.


No comments: